Monday, August 12, 2013

Hanging With Project Linus

Today was absolutely insane at the office.   Must be the sun switching its polarity or something.   Fortunately, I had an out.   The local chapter of Project Linus met today.   Normally I can't make meetings because they are in the middle of the work day.   My clients tend to get irked if I am not around during the work day.   But like I said, if I stayed in the office today, it would not have been pretty.

Off I went.   So much fun.   It was just sewing Project Linus labels on already made quilts, but still it was fun.   The quilts were beautiful.   The other ladies were friendly and fun.   The effort worthwhile.   Project Linus donates quilts to kids who are undergoing health crises or other traumatic events.   The Montgomery County Chapter has donated TWENTY THOUSAND quilts since it began.   That's a lot of kids comforted.

I also learned what kind of quilts work.   I mentioned the directions seemed kinda scary.   That they only take the highest quality quilts.   I quilt, but highest quality is probably a reach.   Fortunately what they mean is remember these are for kids who are in need.   Make them pretty, make them sturdy.  Make them with love.   I can do that.

Project Linus takes knitted or crocheted quilts too.   Those were some awesome quilts too.   They also accept knitted premie caps.   You don't have to be a quilter to be a part of Project Linus.

It was fun and just the mental break I needed.   Plus I brought home some quilts that weren't quite quilted enough to finish off.   YAAAY.  

No comments:

Post a Comment