Friday, August 22, 2014

Still Quilting

This week I shipped 2 quilts off to Binky Patrol.   They provide blankets to kids suffer from chronic or terminal illneses.   Sorry forgot to take pictures.

Tomorrow I will ship this quilt off to God's Tiny Angels.


It was supposed to go to Army Baby Quilts but turned out too small.   Not to worry, I have more really cool fabric for that organization.   Army Baby quilts makes quilts to give to expectant mothers whose spouse is serving overseas when the baby is due.   Man, giving birth is tough enough but to be away from your spouse at that time is tough.   Hopefully these quilts make a difference.

God's Tiny Angels provides baby clothes, blankets and other supplies to families of premature babies.   The family has something new and beautiful that is just for them and their baby.

Why this group?    I come across several such organizations and I just couldn't get out of my mind.   Imagine all the stress of having a preemie, and worrying how you are going to clothe and keep the little one warm?   At least this is one worry I can help with.  The fine doctors will handle the medical issues I am sure.

Don't forget to donate to a charity and get your block.   I would love to make tons of quilts.   Sadly, the three I am shipping off were not made through donations.   Let's change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment